Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Music of Ireland

While my parents are on WNHU today playing Irish music, I thought I would share some of my favorite Irish musicians with you.  Growing up in an Irish household, you are surrounded by music and "talk" and develop a love of both music and language.

Clannad - Nín Sé In Lá (It is not yet day - an old Irish drinking song)


Clannad - Two Sisters


Mary Black - A Song for Ireland



Sinéad O'Connor - She Moved Through the Fair


Declan O'Rourke - No Place to Hide


Iarla Ó Lionáird - Caoineadh na dtri Mhuire (Lament for the Three Marys)


Luka Bloom - Sunny Sailor Boy


Kieran Goss - Out of My Head


Paddy Casey - Lucky One


and Fear (thanks Alan!)


Pierce Turner - The Sky and the Ground


The Waterboys - The Whole of the Moon


Van Morrison - Did Ye Get Healed?